Notes |
- Toodyay Herald (WA : 1912 - 1954), Friday 10 May 1929, page 2
Mr William Cousins.
The death of Mr. William Cousins at "Longhill" Beejoording, on April 21, came as a great shock, to his numerous friends throughout the district, where he was so well known. He had been enjoying good health up to six weeks ago when he became suddenly ill and gradually passed away.
The late Mr. Cousins was in his 74th year. A son of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Cousins of "Glenderg," Bejoording where he was born, he had spent all his life in the Toodyay district where he was highly respected for his charitable deeds. He was of a most kindly disposition, always ready to assist in all good work, and will always be remembered as such.
He served sixteen years as a member of the Toodyay Road Board and only missed two meetings, driving in a sulky 18 miles to attend. A wife and family of four sons and one daughter survive him.
The funeral took place on April 22 and was largely attended by mourners who assembled to pay their last respect to one who was universally esteemed. The interment took place the Culham cemetery.
At the graveside the Rector (Rev. F. G. O'Halloran) gave a most impressive address and made feeling reference to the good works that had been performed by the deceased gentleman. The chief mourners were Messrs. Herbert, William, Rueben and Alex Cousins (sons), E. Kenworthy (son-in-law), J. Cousins (brother), M. and L. Waters and A. Kenworthy (grandsons), J. Bailey and T. Cousins (nephews) Mrs. J. Bailey (sister).
The pall bearers were Messrs. W. Syred, E. Mackintosh W. Ralph, J. Phillips, P. Hamersley and D. McPherson.
The mortuary arrangements were conducted by J.W. Purslowe & Sons,
Northam.
|